Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Harold Bloom Library

Where Shall Wisdom Be Found, Harold Bloom, c. 2004
Hamlet: Poem Unlimited, Harold Bloom, c. 2003


Hamlet, A Little Rewrite



Genius: A Mosaic of One Hundred Exemplary Creative Minds, Harold Bloom, c. 2002

Shakespeare: The Invention of the Human, Harold Bloom, c. 1998
The Western Canon: The Books and School of the Ages, Harold Bloom, c. 1994

The Book of J, Translated by David Rosenberg, Harold Bloom, c. 1990


It took two years of reading from 2002 to 2004 to finally understand what Harold Bloom was saying all along. I assume those who major in literature in English understand Harold Bloom from the outset. For me, it took a large number of books, and reading Hamlet and King Lear twice. Plus, much more. But now I get it, and I am thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment