Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Lakotas and The Black Hills and Other Great Selections from Books on Broadway, Williston, North Dakota

I love my library. Unfortunately it's in San Antonio -in my pied-à-terre. Part of my library is on North Dakota, and right now, being in North Dakota for an extended period, that is the part of my library that I miss most.

Fortunately I have "Books on Broadway" in Williston, North Dakota. I have four books there that I will buy. I will mention two of them tonight.

I just bought a second copy of Prairie Peddlars: Syrian-Lebanese in North Dakota which is an absolute must for anyone interested in the current events in North Dakota. It is very, very good.

Today, while waiting to buy two more expensive books later this week or next week, I bought a small soft cover to give me something to do when going to lunch: The Lakotas and the Black Hills. My dad grew up in Newell, South Dakota, and we spent many summer vacations there. Newell is just north of the Black Hills and I have always been intrigued by them. This book, after reading the introduction and the first chapter suggests this may be the best book ever on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment