Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Book of Bees, Sue Hubbell, c. 1988

Pending. For now:
Okay, if I remember I will come back and update the review after I complete this book. But after reading the first four pages that's all I needed: I'm hooked. This is huge. What a great book. Adult reading, but one I will enjoy reading out loud to my granddaughters -- or at least bits and pieces of it. It is absolutely superb.

Her bee "farm" is in Missouri, surrounded by pig farms where the pigs are tracked with ear tags. When area farmers ask her how she tracks her bees, Sue says the same way: ear tags.

I think the book is about 7 x 5 inches and only 3/4 inches thick so easy to carry around; all of 180-some pages. Something tells me that when I finish, I will wish it had been longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment